MFB actively partner with our diverse community to minimise the frequency and impact of fires and other emergencies, and increase individual and community capacity to respond and recover.
MFB focus on listening to communities, understanding their needs, and delivering good outcomes for at-risk communities. This work includes:
- continuous education of our staff and communities in risk mitigation
- collaborating and sharing community and fire fighter knowledge
- actively engaging with the community.
Each year MFB delivers programs and campaigns to improve community resilience and works with CFA on a number of broad community safety advertising and awareness campaigns such as:
- Home Fire Safety
- Change Your Clock Change Your Smoke Alarm Battery
- Summer Fire Season campaigns
- the Juvenile Fire Awareness and Intervention Program.
MFB works with a diverse range of culturally and linguistically diverse communities through our Multicultural Liaison Officers and Community Resilience teams and works closely with local governments on integrated fire management planning.