Near coastal scrub
Burning scrub, heath or other coastal vegetation can create hot, dangerous bushfires. If you live by, work by or travel to the coast you are at risk. Beaches, foreshores and shallow waters
What can you expect?
- Very hot and fast-moving fires.
- Gusty ocean winds causing fire to behave erratically.
- A lot of embers.
- Fire reaching houses quickly.
- Busy, congested coastal roads.
What you need to do:
- You need to prepare your property for fire before summer starts.
- Decide when you will leave and where you will go on hot, dry, windy days when the risk of a fire starting is increased.
- Stay informed on hot, dry, windy days by monitoring conditions outside and tuning into a local emergency broadcaster, checking emergency.vic.gov.au regularly and by downloading the FireReady app.
- Leaving early is the safest option.