The Workplace Emergency Management Manual (WEMM) is a simple online tool to assist small to medium-sized businesses/organisations with less than 100 people to develop a safe, planned response to the threat of emergencies in the workplace.
It is based on Australian Standard (AS) 3745-2010 Planning for Emergencies in Facilities.
The WEMM is a self-help tool. It assists workplaces to:
- plan and prepare for emergencies using a risk-based approach
- develop a warden structure
- develop procedures for the warden structure team to follow
- produce a workplace emergency manual.
All workplaces have potential risks that expose them to emergencies. Workplace emergency management planning will:
- Provide early and accurate identification of workplace hazards
- Enable you to plan towards reducing the impact of potential workplace emergencies
- Help you to fulfil your duty of care
- Assist with your business continuity planning
Workplace emergency management planning demonstrates a genuine regard for employee welfare, as well as reduces disruption to business operations.
The WEMM Tool is currently under construction.
Please contact FES on 1300-855-163 for assistance.